Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wild Play Mat



Last homemade Christmas gift post, I promise... until next year.

Our best friends' son is 2 and loves playing with little animals and dinosaurs. So I made him this play mat for all his creatures.



It has a cave and a volcano with lava that spontaneously attacks zebras.



And it packs up all the animals with just a pull of the ribbon for easy cleanup.



And I put his name on it for fun.



It is basically a hybrid of this one's landscape and the construction of this one.

I'm really liking all the stuff I've been doing with felt lately. It's really fun to cut and sew and no hemming required!

I'm hoping to make this very cute felt Mr. Potato Head soon.

Ok, now back to watching Burn After Reading with Nick. My brother got it for us for Christmas, which was very smart of him. We also got Once and the second season of Flight of the Conchords. Lots of good viewing this new year :)

Oh, and my resolution is to get back into reading books. I used to read all the time before HG was born, sometimes one or two a week. I burned through Water For Elephants this past week during our vacation and enjoyed myself so much that I was literally sad when it was over- even though the ending was really good. If you haven't read it, you should. And if you have read it, how perfect would Daniel Day-Lewis be as August for the movie?!?!

2 comments:

  1. That play mat looks awesome. I want to play with it myself... who knew you could do so much with felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, that is AWESOME!! I totally wish I would have had something like that when I was little. Definitely going to file that away for whenever we end up having kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.